I am so excited to see the eco-friendly furniture/home goods businesses coming into their own. Here are some of my favorite eco-friendly goods on the market right now.
- The 111 Navy Chair from DWR is simple, clean, and made of recycled Coke bottles and comes in a range of bright colors, all for $245.
- This hand-blown glass pendant is just one of the many beautiful, sustainable designs from Cisco Brothers.
- I’m in love with the sleek, modern design of the Gus Stanley Console Table, built of certified sustainable wood. It’s mounted to the wall so it actually looks a bit like it’s floating, and it has a perfect little recess so that you’ll always know where those keys are.
- The Butaca Chair from Viva Terra, an eco-friendly version of the classic Barcelona chair, is built from FSC-certified wood and upholstered with reclaimed coffee sacks.
Holy cow, is this stool awesome. It’s the Arktura Ricami, made of recycled metal and has no VOCs or toxins, available for $399. This line comes in a number of different sizes and patterns.
- These beautiful table lamps from Terra Furnishings are made from rapidly renewable bamboo and are well-priced ($105-125).
- The Way Basics bookshelves are basically like an eco-friendly version of IKEA (except they’re made of recycled paper!), and they come in all sorts of colors and sizes. This configuration is only $92 from allmodern.
- The Luna sofa has a sustainable wood frame, low VOC finishes, and awesome midcentury styling. $1499 from True Modern.